Puppy Sale Contract
Congratulations on the purchase of your puppy! We wish you many years of joy with your new friend.
The term “breeder” in this agreement refers to Zachariah and Kristen Martin. The term “buyer” refers to the buyer of the puppy.
Your puppy was checked by our veterinarians at Adamstown Veterinary Hospital (717-484-0440) on (appropriate date) and was found to be in good health to the best of her knowledge. You will have a health guarantee extending to (one month from purchase). You will have a genetic health guarantee extending to (six months from date of birth). You can extend the genetic health guarantee to (one year from date of birth) if you exclusively feed your puppy Life’s Abundance food bought through Kristen’s Happy Tails Independent Field Representative.
In accordance with the 30 day health guarantee, the buyer agrees to the following:
· The buyer is to have the puppy examined by a licensed veterinarian within 10 days of purchase.
· If there are any health issues, the buyer needs to contact the breeder within 2 business days of the visit to the licensed veterinarian and provide documentation of the issue.
· If the veterinarian finds any minor and correctable health issues, the veterinarian care will be paid by the breeder, provided that a letter or invoice from the examining veterinarian is offered as evidence of the puppy’s health issue. The breeder will pay for veterinary care up to half the purchase price (not including tax or shipping) of the puppy. If the veterinary care exceeds half the purchase price of the puppy, the buyer will have the option to return the puppy for a full refund, minus tax and shipping.
· If the veterinarian finds any serious health issues with the puppy, a refund, minus tax and shipping, will be given for the puppy, provided a letter from the examining veterinarian is offered as evidence of the puppy’s illness and the puppy is returned within the guaranteed period of 30 days.
· The breeder is not responsible for any accidents or injuries occurring to the puppy after the purchase.
In accordance with the 6 month or 1 year genetic guarantee, the buyer agrees to the following:
· The buyer is to take the puppy to a licensed veterinarian for routine health care.
· Any health issues must be reported to the breeder within 2 business days of the visit to the licensed veterinarian, along with documentation of the issue.
· This guarantee, along with the 30 day guarantee, does not cover removal of puppy teeth, internal or external parasites, spaying, neutering, ear mites/infections, surgical procedures or conditions or complications as a result of procedures performed on the puppy.
· To qualify for the 1 year genetic health guarantee, you must exclusively feed your puppy Life’s Abundance food purchased through Kristen’s Happy Tails Independent Field Representative. Discontinuing the use of Life’s Abundance food for your puppy results in the forfeiture of the one year genetic health guarantee. You will still have a 6 month genetic health guarantee.
Buyer understands the following:
· The breeder has taken all necessary steps to produce a puppy that is in good health and has had proper socialization. It is now the buyer’s responsibility to provide supervision and training. All puppies must be socialized and trained both inside and outside the home in order to become happy, successful pets.
· Failure to comply with the stipulations of this agreement, results in a forfeiture of the rights of the buyer.
· In the event of health issues, the breeder reserves the right to have the puppy examined by a veterinarian of his choice.
· In the event that the puppy is deceased, proof of genetic cause through an autopsy must be provided at the expense of the buyer to receive a refund.
· Buyer assumes any expenses incurred after the purchase of the puppy.
· The breeder assumes no responsibility for this puppy after it leaves the premises, such as landlord’s disapproval, allergy to animals, disagreement of family, loss during shipment, or for any other reason.
· The cost and arrangement of transportation in the case of returning a puppy is the responsibility of the buyer.
· At no time may the expense to the breeder exceed the purchase price (not including tax or shipping) of the puppy.
· The buyer may return the puppy at any time for any reason without a refund. We do not want our puppies to go to a shelter; therefore, you may always return a puppy, but you will only receive a refund per the above mentioned conditions.
All right reserved. Use only with permission.
Why must I feed Life’s Abundance dog food in order to have a 1 year genetic health guarantee? The first year of life is when a puppy does the most growing. Quality nutrition is of the utmost importance during the entire course of a dog’s life, but especially so in the first year. Lack of proper care and nutrition can result in many health problems. We believe Life’s Abundance provides an excellent source of nutrition for our canine companions. By adding this stipulation to our health guarantee, we are ensuring that our puppies receive a high quality diet of natural and wholesome nutrients that will promote good health now and in years to come.