Puppy Sale Contract
Congratulations on the purchase of your puppy! We wish you many years of joy with your new friend. The term “breeder” in this agreement refers to Zachariah and Kristen Martin. The term “buyer” refers to the buyer of the puppy.
Your puppy was checked by our veterinarians at Adamstown Veterinary Hospital (717-484-0440) on (appropriate date) and was found to be in good health to the best of her knowledge. You will have a general health guarantee extending to (one month from date of purchase). You will have a genetic health guarantee extending to (two years from puppy’s date of birth) if your puppy is exclusively fed Life’s Abundance food bought from Kristen’s Happy Tails Independent Field Representative during the entirety of the two year period and NuVet Plus canine supplements for the first six months after purchase.
Buyer understands the following:
- Failure to comply with the stipulations of this agreement results in a forfeiture of the rights of the buyer.
- Sales tax and shipping costs are never reimbursed and not counted in what this contract refers to as the cost/purchase price of the puppy.
- Buyer assumes any expenses incurred after the purchase of the puppy.
- The breeder assumes no responsibility for this puppy after it leaves the premises, such as landlord’s disapproval, allergy to animal, disagreement of family, loss during shipment, or any other reason.
- The breeder is not responsible for any accidents or injuries occurring to the puppy after purchase.
- In the event of health issues, the breeder reserves the right to have the puppy examined by a veterinarian of his choice.
- In the event that the puppy is deceased, proof of genetic cause through an autopsy must be provided at the expense of the buyer to receive a refund.
- The cost and arrangement of transportation in the case of returning a puppy is the responsibility of the buyer.
- At no time may the expense to the breeder exceed the purchase price of the puppy.
- The buyer may return the puppy at any time for any reason without a refund. We do not want our puppies to go to a shelter; therefore, a buyer may always return a puppy but will only receive a refund per the conditions of this contract.
The 30 day general health guarantee covers minor and correctable health issues. It does not cover internal or external parasites, removal of puppy teeth, spaying/neutering, surgical procedures, or conditions or complications as a result of procedures or medication given to the puppy.
In accordance with the 30 day general health guarantee, the buyer agrees to the following:
- The buyer is to have the puppy examined by a licensed veterinarian within ten days of purchase.
- If there are any health issues, the buyer needs to contact the breeder within two business days of the visit to the licensed veterinarian and provide documentation of the issue.
- If the veterinarian finds any minor and correctable health issues, the veterinary care will be paid by the breeder, provided that a letter or invoice from the examining veterinarian is offered as evidence of the puppy’s health issue. The breeder will pay for veterinary care up to half the purchase price of the puppy. If the veterinary care exceeds half the purchase price of the puppy, the buyer will have the option to return the puppy for a full refund within the guaranteed period of thirty days.
- If the veterinarian finds any severe health issues with the puppy, a refund will be given for the puppy, provided a letter from the examining veterinarian is offered as evidence of the puppy’s illness and the puppy is returned within the guaranteed period of thirty days.
The 2 year genetic health guarantee covers only serious genetic health problems.
In accordance with the 2 year genetic health guarantee, the buyer agrees to the following:
- The puppy should be exclusively fed Life’s Abundance dog food purchased from Kristen’s Happy Tails Independent Field Representative and given NuVet Plus canine supplements daily for six months to insure optimal nutrition which is essential in a puppy’s health. The genetic health guarantee will become void if the required diet is not given during the two year period.
- The buyer is to take the puppy to a licensed veterinarian for routine health care.
- Any health issues must be reported to the breeder within two business days of the visit to the licensed veterinarian, along with documentation of the issue.
- If the veterinarian finds any serious genetic health issues with the puppy, a refund will be given for the puppy, provided a letter from the examining veterinarian is offered as evidence of the puppy’s illness and the puppy is returned to the breeder.
All rights reserved. Use only with permission.
Why must I feed Life’s Abundance dog food and NuVet Plus canine supplements in order to have a 2 year genetic health guarantee? The first years of life are when a puppy’s body grows and develops. Quality nutrition is of the utmost importance during the entire course of a dog’s life, but especially so in the first two years. Lack of proper care and nutrition can result in many health problems. We believe Life’s Abundance food and NuVet Plus supplements provide an optimal diet for our canine companions by giving them all the quality nutrients their bodies need to develop properly. By adding this stipulation to our health guarantee, we are insuring that our puppies receive a high quality diet of natural and wholesome nutrients that will promote good health now and in years to come.