Happy Monday! I hope you all had a restful weekend. This is my second post in a series discussing dog nutrition and highlighting some Life’s Abundance products. If you haven’t already, you will probably want to read the first post give a little background.
Today, I am highlighting Life’s Abundance main All Life Stage Dog Food and their Small & Medium Breed Puppy Food.
We feed our puppies the Small & Medium Breed Puppy Food while they are with us, and we highly recommend this food for them after they leave for their new homes. Once they have graduated from puppy food, we recommend the All Life Stage food.
These two varieties of Life’s Abundance dog food are very similar, with mostly the same ingredients in each, which is why I am looking at both of them together. The main difference between the two is the overall protein, fat, and fiber count. When looking at a bag of dog food, these items are listed as percentages usually on the front of the bag. The puppy food has slightly higher protein, fat, and fiber counts to accommodate the needs of a growing puppy. The puppy food is 27% protein, 17% fat, 4% fiber. The All Life Stage is 26%, 16%, and 3.5% respectively.
I am going to dive into the nutrition information for the All Life Stage Dog Food. The puppy food is very much the same with a few small differences.
- Protein: Some dog foods use inferior protein sources which are difficult for a dog’s body to digest. So even though the percentage of protein on the label may be the same, the amount the dog is able to absorb is much less.
Protein is essential for all bodily functions, including those of the brain, heart, muscles, skin, skeleton and others. Life’s Abundance dog food contains at least 26% high-quality protein. You’ll see more in the puppy food, as puppies need some extra to support them while they grow.Two of the sources of protein in Life’s Abundance food are chicken meal and eggs. Chicken meal is the first ingredient in this recipe. Some foods contain whole chicken or chicken parts, which naturally contain a fair amount of water. Life’s Abundance uses chicken meal because most of the water has been removed, making it a concentrated source of protein. This means that there is a greater “protein content” in one pound of chicken meal versus one pound of whole chicken or chicken parts. Eggs are considered a complete protein source, providing essential amino acids, vitamins and minerals. Eggs also contain healthy fats, such as omega-6 for healthy skin and a glossy coat.
- Antioxidants: A dog’s body is designed to create only a certain amount of antioxidants on its own. That is why we cannot over-emphasize the importance of antioxidants. This food contains an antioxidant system including guaranteed amounts of vitamins C and E.
- Fats: The primary fat source in dog food should be animal based because canines derive significant nutrition from these fats. While vegetable oils may sound healthier, dogs actually need the specific nutrients found in animal fats that are not available in vegetable sources.Life’s Abundance food also contains Omega 3 fatty acids. The benefits of essential fatty acids are well known, as omega-3s are some of the most extensively researched, naturally occurring nutritional ingredients in the world. The guaranteed amount of omega-3s in Life’s Abundance dog food helps support healthy skin, shiny coats and overall wellness.Flaxseed meal and eggs are also in the mix as a healthy source of fats.
- Grains: Whole grains contain protein, fiber, B vitamins, iron, zinc and other minerals. They also provide the kind of carbohydrates that deliver sustained energy to your dog. Life’s Abundance includes Ground Brown Rice and Oat Groats. Ground Brown Rice is the entire grain with only the inedible outer husk removed. This whole grain contains seven minerals and five B vitamins. Oat Groats are whole oats that have been cleaned, toasted, hulled and cleaned again. Amazingly, they retain nearly all of their original nutrients after this process. Oat groats also contain seven minerals and five B vitamins.
- Prebiotic Fiber: Prebiotics are non-digestible food ingredients that stimulate the growth of good bacteria in the digestive system. Life’s Abundance dog foods contain the prebiotic fructooligosaccharide.
- Probiotics: Probiotics are good bacteria and help support healthy immune and digestive systems. Unlike other pet food companies, Life’s Abundance guarantees the amount of four different health-promoting probiotics in our dog food.
We firmly believe that Life’s Abundance is an excellent dog food. Its wholesome ingredients help to provide your dog with proper, balanced nutrition for a happy and healthy life! There are most certainly other good foods on the market, but we have been personally impressed by their commitment to excellent nutrition and safe ingredients. I’ll be happy to answer any questions you have.
Interested in ordering? If you are interested in ordering, please order from our Life’s Abundance site. When ordering through our page, you should see Kristen’s Happy Tails listed at the top of the page as the Field Rep. If I am not listed as your representative, please mention my ID number when you place your first order 20552921. As your representative, I am able to help you determine what products are right for your pet and answer any questions you may have.552921.